Virtual Music and Arts
Time & Location
About the Event
This summer, due to COVID-19, our camp will not be face-to-face. Instead, we are excited to offer our first VIRTUAL Music and Arts Experience! Nothing can substitute for the relationships forged in a physical setting, but we hope this can still be a chance to challenge our kids' creativity and how they think about God and our world. It's focused on hands-on at home activities with optional chances to engage online.
Our theme this summer is "God's World, Our World" and will be focused on our call to care for God's good creation. Instead of taking place over one week, it will take place over FOUR: the weeks of July 12, 19, 26 and August 2. Here's what it will involve:
- Each Sunday evening between 5 and 7 pm, you can drive through at Broadneck Baptist Church for a no-contact pickup of a take-home bag of that week's theme (let us know if you need a different pick-up window).
- The bag will contain complete supplies for 2-3 hands-on creative activities ranging from an online Zoom painting class to building your own flower box to doing an outdoor scavenger hunt to contributing a piece to a group mural.
- The bag and our website will have links to videos of Pastor Abby telling a Bible story, members of our leadership team reading books connecting to our theme, and some of our teen helpers teaching motions to songs that go with our theme.
- During each week, you're invited to: Watch the videos (and send back videos of you doing the motions to songs to be put together with others' in an online "performance"!) Complete the activities in the bags Connect with Pastor Abby in an optional "See and Share" (See your friends and Share what you're learning!" Zoom session for 30 minutes on Wednesdays (July 15, 22, 29 and August 5)
- The cost is only $10/kid ($20/family max) and can be paid at bag pick-up or via PayPal ($10.50/20.75 via broadneckbaptistchurch.org/give)
- Though designed for kids ages 4-10, 3 year olds or middle schoolers are welcome to participate.
- Please register NO LATER THAN JULY 8 if you plan to participate the first week so we know how many bags to prepare!