Regathering Indoors at Broadneck Baptist: What to Expect
After almost 16 months out of our building, we have resumed regathering indoors for worship. We are starting out this summer with some mitigation strategies in place that may make worship look and feel a little different. The Church Council hopes these things can help us lessen any anxieties about this joyful-yet-major transition and focus our hearts and minds on the beauty of being present in body to worship together.
1) Chairs are out not in usual rows but in clusters of 2 to 4—please sit with your household, move chairs as needed if you need more or less together but please keep a 6 foot radius around your “cluster”.
2) We ask that anyone over the age of 3 please wear a mask at all times. We ask for this extra layer of protection since vaccines are not yet available to all (i.e. our kids), because of the rise in cases due to the Delta variant (please get vaccinated if you haven't, y'all!) and so that (in time) we can sing as part of our time together.
3) Worship leaders may speak unmasked (if vaccinated) from the pulpit, which is set up 12 feet back from chairs
4) We will have hand sanitizer stations at each door and extra disposable masks available
5) We will use UV-light air purifiers with HEPA Filters in our worship space, nursery, and kids room.
6) When the choir sings, they will do so masked and at a distance from congregation
7) Instead of passing offering baskets, there will be an offering basket on front communion table and one by each exit door where you may place your offerings as you arrive, depart, or during the offering time.
8) Instead of coming forward for communion, Abby will bring pre-packaged communion to each seat on communion Sundays.
9) The nursery will be open for kids ages 4 and under, and our nursery workers are vaccinated. “Worship bins” will be provided to welcome our older kids, and we will be moving back towards doing a Sunday School time with them during the worship service either downstairs or outside, but that will not start right away.
10) Please use the bathrooms one person at a time and use provided cleaning materials to disinfect as needed.
11) All services will continue to be streamed via Zoom for those unable to be with us physically. You can log in beginning at 9:45am on Sundays using Zoom Meeting ID: 420 609 3840; please contact us for the current passcode as it changes monthly.
This sounds like a lot but remember--it's not forever! And being back together in our sacred space is a gift. Hope to see you soon!